Open Access and Open Data are changing: Share everything via Symplectic
Demo of new system in the Pfizer Lecture Theatre for members of the Department of Chemistry on 28th February at 13:15
The current Open Access and Open Data services are being integrated with Symplectic Elements, which will bring many benefits to researchers, administrators and the Open Access and Open Data staff. The new system is live and we are asking researchers at the Department of Chemistry to start using it now. The benefits of the new system include:
- you can deposit your data and articles in one place
- you will instantly receive a placeholder DOI for data
- your outputs get into the repository quicker, which increases their visibility
- you enter the information about your publication once but it is used in many systems saving you time in the future
- better reporting capabilities for the Open Access/Data, which means more accurate reports for Departments, Faculties and Schools
- all research outputs can be uploaded to the repository via the new system
Come and see the new system being demonstrated and find out more about using it for all your research outputs. The demo will take approximately 30 minutes and there will be time for questions and answers.
Find out more here: http://osc.cam.ac.uk/open-research/symplectic-elements-deposit-pilot
We look forward to seeing you there!