The University, as a Gold subscriber to Royal Society of Chemistry journals, has free temporary access to the following online journals:
Some online journals that our readers recommended for purchase in 2014-15 are now available:
- Chemistry Letters (Chemical Society of Japan) – the full text is available from 1997 onwards;
- ChemPlusChem (Wiley) – the full text is available from 2012 onwards;
- ChemElectroChem – (Wiley) the full text is available from 2013 onwards (although this subscription is free until the end of 2015 and would require a subscription thereafter);
- Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC/Wiley) – the University has purchased the archive and full text coverage is from 1960-2013. (The current subscription also provides the full text from 2001 onwards).
RSC Mobile provides readers with access to search University subscribed RSC journals content from the RSC Publishing Platform via the University’s wireless network.
Download the app while you’re connected to a University wireless network (UniOfCam or Eduroam) and access the most relevant scientific research via Latest Articles or Search options and save articles for reading offline.
RSC Mobile includes:
- Up-to-the-minute access to RSC journals
- Full text HTML and PDF access via wireless networks for subscribing institutions/organisations
- The latest news from our RSC Publishing Platform
- Saving articles for offline reading
- Share your favourite content via email, Twitter or Facebook
Find out more here!
The second of the 19 Gold for Gold vouchers that the Royal Society of Chemistry has given to the University of Cambridge for 2015 has been used to make the following article immediately open access:
Supramolecular Polymer Networks Based on Cucurbituril Host-Guest Interactions as Aqueous Photo-Rheological Fluids
Cindy Soo Yun Tan, Jesus del Barrio, Ji Liu and Prof. Oren Scherman
Polymer Chemistry, 2015, Accepted Manuscript, DOI: 10.1039/C5PY01115A
To find out more about the Gold for Gold initiative, please see a previous blog post here: https://cambridgechemlib.wordpress.com/2015/03/30/new-rsc-gold-for-gold-vouchers-available-for-2015/.
There are still 17 vouchers left for 2015!
If you or at least one of the authors on an RSC paper are an academic member of the University of Cambridge, and there are no funds available for you to pay the APC to make your paper immediately open access, then you may be eligible for a Gold for Gold voucher! Please see the above blog post for information on how to apply.
If you haven’t already taken the opportunity to sample five free PatentPak PDFs available to you through SciFinder you will need to do so before this promotion ends on 13th August.
Please see the previous blogpost for more information on PatentPak and the free PDF promotion.